BRIGHTON MARINE’S PARTNERSHIP WITH CLEAR CHANNEL OUTDOOR BENEFITS VETERANS’ NONPROFITS DURING NATIONAL VETERANS AND MILITARY FAMILIES MONTH
Veterans’ Nonprofits Receive Support from Allston-Brighton Community Fund and Brighton Marine Matches Donations
As we closed out Veterans Month, BMI was proud to acknowledge and thank Veterans for their service during National Veterans and Military Families Month by highlighting the recipients of Allston-Brighton Community Fund donations, a partnership between BMI and Clear Channel Outdoor. Four of the nonprofits provide services to Veterans, and an additional 14 recipients serve the Allston-Brighton neighborhood, where BMI is located.
We congratulate the non-profits selected by a panel of community representatives. This Brighton Marine collaboration with Clear Channel Outdoor serves as a reminder of the dedication and commitment of our Veterans. During November, National Veterans and Military Families Month, we think one of the best ways to honor Veterans is to follow their lead in strengthening the social fabric of our country and the community we call home. That’s why we’re proud of the Allston-Brighton Community Fund grantees and know their good deeds will continue to grow.
Brighton Marine manages the finances for the Allston-Brighton Community Fund, oversees the requests for proposals, organizes the selection committee, and operates other parts of the process.
Each of the following is receiving $5,000 from the Allston-Brighton Fund, which BMI is matching with an additional $5,000 contribution, for a total of $10,000:
- Community Rowing, Inc.; its Veterans rowing program is receiving support for scholarships and equipment;
- The Fishing Academy offers Veterans fishing trips, and BMI Veterans have participated twice each summer over the past four years and
- Italian Home for Children, which provides Veterans with wellness programs for mental health.
In addition, GOFIDog Therapy, which offers Veterans an animal therapy program, receives $4,000 from the Fund, and BMI has matched it for a total of $8,000.
Since 2020, the Fund has awarded over $225,000 to over 40 area nonprofits.
The other recipients this year are:
- Allston Brighton Commonwealth Development Corporation, which offers a community healthy eating and nutrition program with cooking classes;
- Allston Brighton Little League, which will use the support for equipment, uniforms and scholarships;
- Brighton Allston Congregational Church Food Pantry, which feeds over 200 local families each week;
- Brighton High School Football Program, which will purchase state-of-the-art equipment for trainings and practices;
- Brighton High School Yearbook Program, which purchases student photos and yearbooks and provides prom financial assistance for seniors;
- Brighton Main Streets, which operates community neighborhood programs for beautification by planting, canvassing and signage;
- Boston Green Academy High School, which will use the donation for an entrepreneur student workforce development program with an environmental green energy theme called “Gladiator Greens”;
- Brazilian Workers Center, which provides immigration advocacy training and materials;
- Faneuil Tenants Association, which has a togetherness program for social events, focused on making connections and a better living environment;
- Gardner Pilot Academy, which will use funds for scholarships and additional instructors and tutors for its English as A Second Language classes;
- Granada House, which will use the support for resources and materials for its addiction treatment programs;
- Jackson Mann Community Center, which offers teen enrichment programs and entrepreneur youth photography programs;
- Mesivta High School of Greater Boston, which operates a youth food insecurities lunch program; and
- Oak Square YMCA, which will use the donation for scholarships for its youth development and healthy living programs.
Brighton Marine is a trusted non-profit organization supporting Service Members, Veterans, their Families, and community members. BMI facilitates healthcare services, develops and manages mixed-income affordable housing, and provides holistic and coordinated support for Veterans and their Families.